How do you optimize operations on the Fort Financial Services platform?
During high activity in the market, some users may experience increased Internet traffic, slower operation of the terminal and your computer in general while running the terminal. Simple measures to optimize the terminal can increase the performance from 5 to 70%, depending on the cause of the slowness.
The speed of order executions may be affected by too many tools open in the “Market Watch” window. To exclude this factor, unused tools should be hidden. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Right click on the “Market Watch” window, and select “Hide all symbols” in the dropdown menu:
- Again, right click on the "Market Watch" window and in the dropdown menu select "Symbols":
- Choose the tools that you will work with.
- The choice of tools can be saved in an automatic list. This will allow for the tool list to be potentially restored if you change to another terminal.
In the event that if the first step did not bring about significant results, it is necessary to limit the number of tools that are stored and displayed at the same time. Do this by:
- Go to the terminal settings.
- Select the "Charts" tab and reduce the number of bars displayed at one time and the number saved in the history:
- Operation in the terminal can be affected by open ports for DDE protocol. Please check that you have not ticked the “Enable DDE server” box if it is not needed. You can also prevent the news flow:
- After completing these steps, you must restart the terminal for the new settings to take effect.
All of the above steps will help you to optimize the operation of the terminal and to improve its performance. Nevertheless, we remind you that the main criterion is the quality of your personal computer equipment.
In the event that all of the above steps have not improved the terminal operation, provided that you have a modern computer and Internet service provider (at least 1 gigabyte of RAM, CPU clock speed of at least 1000 MHz, stable Internet speed from 128 kbit / sec), then to find out why you can always contact our support department by online chat through your personal account.