05, April 2016

Fundamental analysis

EUR/USD (a 4-hour chart)

According to the US labor market report published last week, the Non-Farm increased by 215 000 in March (the forecast was 205 000). The Average Hourly Earnings grew to 0.3% after falling by 0.1% a month earlier. The overall picture was somewhat blurred by the fact that the unemployment rate unexpectedly rose from 4.9% to 5.0%. The dollar generally remained under pressure after Yellen’s recent soft comments.

Unemployment Rate in the Euro area fell to a new multi-year low in February, but remained high considering the current economic problems in the region. Eurozone unemployment rate was 10.3% – the lowest since August 2011. The pair euro/dollar is trading in a flat.

The UK published PMI Construction report which remained at the previous level of 54.2, while the forecast was 54.0. The pair pound/dollar slightly increased.

The Japanese Yen moved upwards on Monday. Investors sluggishly reacted to the US labor market reports and Manufacturing PMI. On the other hand the risk appetite increase was a negative factor for the yen as a funding currency. However by the end of the trades the pair dollar/yen decreased.